Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weighed in 1.2 down. Total 8.2 pounds lost....SO FAR!!!







Weight Watchers is still going great. I am loving the meetings because I am learning so much there. I even find myself sticking around to listen to the other members chat about what is good and what isn't. Good times.

I have started to become a runner. I really don't like to run unless somebody is chasing me, especially if I have a ball in my hand that they want. I also like to chase after people who have the ball. Sports have always been my favorite, but after last weeks' meeting, I have been thinking a lot about becoming a runner. I made myself run on the treadmill last night. I would run one minute and then walk one minute. Today, I started thinking more about it and thought I would check out some of the running programs on the Internet. (This was suggested at the meeting last week!) I found one that would get me from not running to running a 5k. Seeing our school helps with the Red Cross Run for the Red 5k each March, I thought I would give it a go and try to train to actually run in the race(I have never ran it) Unfortunately, the program takes 8 weeks and I only have 6...I figure that even if I don't run the whole time, I will still be doing better than last year! I walked a bit last year but was easily bored.) I have always wanted to run the 5k but always got discouraged about the whole training thing. I figured I would try this program, The Couch-to-5k Running Plan. It was similar to what I did on the treadmill last night but only 1:30 walking/1:00 running. It was a lot easier to run tonight. In fact, my body seemed to be ready to run after the minute and a half. I am a little excited about this program. Who would have thought? I really wish I wasn't such a pansy when it comes to the whole running outside because I really don't enjoy the treadmill. (I guess you could call it DREADmill like my leader at WW calls it.) Dang winter!

I was proud of myself because I did pretty good at this past week's challenge of being more active. I got pretty darn good at not looking for the best parking spot but actually trying to park as far away from the store or anywhere I was on purpose. It was awesome.

I ate my points today but I am too lazy to type it all down. Enjoy this week's pics. I decided to change to my digital camera and a new location: the kitchen. I don't think you can see the progress, but I really have been noticing that the basketball shorts are a little loose in the butt. The pics don't give it justice. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment