Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day One...First Weigh In!




This is my new weight loss blog. This really isn't for anybody to read. I didn't sit down like Julie from Julie and Julia and think to myself: "Hmm....I am not productive enough in my life. I need to produce something." This blog is for me to be accountable to me(of course by it being a public blog, I will automatically be even more accountable.) I never thought that I would be the author of multiple blogs but I guess cyberspace needs my voice.

I love to take pictures of food and so there will be pictures of food on here from time to time. I would take pictures of everything I eat but that is a promise I know would be a challenge to keep. So, I will commit to taking pictures on occasion. I will, however, write down what I eat each day. Here is what I ate today:

One cup Grape Nuts
1/2 cup 1% milk
Craisins 1/3 cup
Almonds 20
Dannon Activia light fat free yogurt
1/2 can Progresso light Beef Pot Roast Soup
Hostess Chocolate 100 calorie cake
1 and 1/2 cups spagettit (whole grain)
1 cup Cooked Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
1/3 cup cottage Cheese
1 cup lettuce
2 teaspoons sun dried tomato vinaigrette

That is 31.5 Weight Watcher Points. I am allowed 31. So I was a little over today.
I walked for about an hour with my friend Shule and weighlifted for about thirty minutes this morning.

I will also commit to taking a picture of myself in the same spot and nearly same clothes weekly. That will be easy because today was the first time I weighed in at Weight Watchers and I will weigh in each week, thus a picture will be easy to remember. I am so excited to start this journey. I keep thinking that the majority of my health problems are related to my weight. I can't for sure pinpoint, if the surgery that I had to have had anything to do with my weight, but I have a feeling it could have added to it. I also know that my asthma will also be better if I am more in shape. I think overall, my system will run better, if I can shave off some pounds. Good luck to me and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome Alice! You have inspired me to work harder at this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Alice! I'm cheering for you. I really need to get on the bandwagon and clean up my messy eating habits I picked back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have already lost 20 lbs this year. It does feel good to get rid of body goo.

    ReplyDelete