Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A enlightening day!

Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?  I thought Subway was bad by the  place we usually go to meetings at.  The smell...it killed me!

From chair at running shoe store

Funny from dinner at Jimmy John's!

It really does!

My Mantra displayed at my meeting tonight.

This is funky writing this right now.  But in the end it will work out. You can't see the weirdness...so that is good.

Tonight was weigh in night.  I am back into my lifetime range.  I have about fiveish pounds to lose in order to qualify to be able to apply to become a Weight Watchers(I always want to put copyrighted behind that!) leader.  Seriously(I know I am rarely serious), I get a little scared when I think about being a leader.  That whole "I am not good enough" attitude sets in when I think about it.  This week really has been an eye opening experience when it comes to that.  I have learned that I question myself ALL. THE. TIME.  I also feel I can trace this back a little bit to my father.  He is a perfectionist and if it wasn't done the way he thought was perfect, then it was wrong.  So I am constantly questioning myself.  Whether it is how many chairs to set up for a school assembly or shoe size when buying new running shoes, I am always worried that I am going to choose wrongly. (IS wrongly a word?)

Tonight, in our meeting, we talked about motivation and what motivates us.  It was fun to see what other people are  motivated by.  I didn't chime in too much because I was in agreement with a few of the members.  I am motivated by the high blood pressure that "runs in the family."  It runs in our family because of the way we choose to eat.  I love not having to spend money on blood pressure meds.  I also love the fact that after surgery one time, a nurse said to me after I came to, "Do you happen to be a runner?" I said: "Yes I am, why?"  He then said: "Well good.  At one point we were a bit concerned at how slow your heart was beating during the procedure, but you being fit makes it make sense."  That was like a total pat on the back to me that day.  It is way cool to have a heart that works less than the old fat-girl heart.  I am also motivated by money.  You have to pay to go to meetings if you are not a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, and I don't want to pay.  Free is very motivating to me.  Apparently, flying pigs are too.  The leader, told me that if I get to that 169(The BMI top range for my height) she would give me one of her stuffed flying pigs.  They are so cool.  I'll have to post a pic when I get it.  The leader is pretty dang cool too...but don't tell her I said that.  She may get a big head or something.  (Just kidding MC!)

My friend, Sharri, and I also had good times talking tonight.  It was fun to listen to her as she opened up about what motivates her.  She basically got a little choked up as she talked about how she needed to change in order to keep her job.  Now, how does weight weigh in here?  Well, in order to be a different and better person she had to change her eating habits and become healthy.  I agree with this too.  I am a completely different person today than who I was when I started this weight loss journey.  I used to be cynical and calloused.  I didn't love my life.  I just kinda coasted along.  Today I am somebody who loves life.  I live for moments and expect everyday to be good.  I love people and try to be a positive influence in others lives.  Maybe I am a little bit more extroverted than I was before too.  I was self absorbed and it isn't good to be caught in yourself all the time.  I know that I am important and have to take care of me, but it is more fun to help others find the good and possibility inside of them.  Everybody has the ability to be great!  I love helping my students see the possibility within themselves.  When they get how good and smart they are, it makes my day and life, really.  I also love seeing people be successful in weight loss.  I like to be an example to those around me.  It totally motivates me to know that I can help people get on the healthy wagon.  I also know people are counting on me to be good and keep on plan!  It's great to have buddies on this journey.  

Wow, this was a novel.  It's been a great week.  I like blogging so much.  I think it makes me experience the moments a little better during the day!

Have a Terrific Thursday.  Until your eyes meet my words again,  cheers! (And I am also writing 31 posts on my regular blog.  Feel free to check it out HERE!





No comments:

Post a Comment