Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Seeing I am up...

Well, today was a good day. I got a fun walk in with Shule. Let me tell you a little bit about Shule. Shule is an English teacher at my school. She is one of the most positive people you will ever meet. She works out with me most days of the week. We have a standing date at 5pm each day. Mondays is the Dreadmill. Tuesday is lifting weights. Wednesday is walking. Thursday is Cardio Kickboxing. Friday is sports, usually racquetball.

I do not think I would be doing as well on this journey without Shule's positive attitude and encouragement. She is my rock when I am weak. She motivates me with such sayings as: "Way to go Alice. I knew you could do it, Those shorts are looking loose on you, and You are a runner!" Thanks Shule.

We were talking about taking care of yourself at my Weight Watchers meeting on Tuesday. It was totally something I needed to hear because lately I have been thinking about how consumed I am with myself and I actually had started to think I was being selfish. This is not true. I think this is one of the first times in my life where I actually have put me first. I tend to always worry about others' needs before I worry about my own needs. I think it has been healthy for me to find some more balance in this area of my life. It isn't selfish to worry about yourself. You must do things for you or you never can help others!

I don't know if this post makes sense. I am up much too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment