Saturday, February 27, 2010

Less of Alice Pics



This journey is awesome! I really feel like, in my head, I will always see myself as a big girl. I look at these two pictures and I say wow, maybe I am not as big as I think I am! That is a pretty cool thing. A co-worker had mentioned earlier this week that I really need to put up a new pic of me on here because she had noticed a big change in the last week. I guess when you are on the inside, you just don't notice as much.

Another a-ha I have had lately is that there are certain people in my life who will be great big supports on this journey and some people who really just could care less! I just have to laugh when I hear weird remarks from a friend when I announce another milestone. This week it was the fact that I could actually fit into the real holes in a belt that I had bought in Vegas back in Fall. Said friend said: "Why would you buy something that doesn't fit?" I still am in awe at people who always have a negative thing to say no matter what they just heard. I have noticed that I have been keeping the big supports close and the non-supports on the outskirts. I am not saying that I know who are my real friends in all of this but I am saying that I know who I need to keep close to me in order to be successful and those who don't get to have the privilege of seeing me around very much during my journey, as sad as that may be. I really have found that I really need to make me first during this even if that may seem to other people that I am being selfish. What they think is not what is important to my success.

Well, off to find my motivation to get on the exercise bike or go for a walk!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! What makes you believe in your success is that you already embrace it as a journey and a lifestyle change. Way too often people tend to see it as a "diet" which sets the stage to believing it's short term.

    I'm impressed by the self restraint around the donuts. I try to look at food at work as an ecoli breeding ground - who knows who has touched it, breathed on it, etc. Honestly, I'm not germaphobic but these gross thoughts help me avoid temptation some times. Other times, the call of the brownie is just too much so I just adjust what other points I use for the day.

    It's all a learning opportunity and how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete