Friday, February 26, 2010

Down 2.8 to a total of 15


I continue to roll along on the journey to my goal weight. (That weight being some number that I have not completely decided upon yet.)

One of the things that I find challenging about the journey is all the food that is offered at work. Tonight was a great example while we had Parent Teacher Conferences. I was not only dreading my 12 hour plus work day but also all the food that was tempting to me all day. Two different occasions included donuts, which are one of my biggest weaknesses. I had half of one of the best donuts on the planet that are from Provo Bakery, but I am pretty proud of myself that I had self-restraint when it came to the donuts.

I am also proud of myself because instead of eating the "healthy" salad that would have been mine for free for dinner and would have cost me more than half of my daily points, I went and bought myself sushi. Man, do I love sushi. Sorry to those of you that dislike sushi. Mainly, I feel sorry for you because you miss out on a fabulous and healthy food! Sushi is awesome because I can eat a heck of a lot of it and not feel guilty. It is also very good at cleaning out my system. Not that you really wanted to know that gory detail of my life.

I am getting better at making healthier choices and being able to tell people no. Avoiding certain situations, like the free food tables that seem to be located at every corner in my workplace, gets easier the more I do it.

It is also nice to know that I can have some donut sometimes! It makes my life a little bit easier and nicer.

Well, it is one in the morning and I should be sleeping. Good thing I am giving a test in my Health classes tomorrow. Cheers and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment