Sunday, May 23, 2010

When is this going to get hard?

NOTE TO SELF: Never, ever verbally mention to anybody that this journey isn't hard because then you are setting yourself up to have a really hard time!

I have been stressed thanks to being the big kahuna over the senior class at our school. The big stress was the senior banquet. I was in charge of it all: food, set-up, program. All. Of. It!

Luckily, it fell on the night I would normally weigh-in. I am sure if I got on that scale last Tuesday, I would have gained a pound or two thanks to my defense mechanism of eating salt water taffy and cake to sooth my stress. I did step on the scale today and it is more like what it was BEFORE the stress week. So maybe I have maintained. If I am lucky, maybe I will have lost. You never know. I guess I did learn something from all of this...I need to find better ways to deal with my stress and I think the better way is to make myself track even when I don't want to, hence the tracking today(SUNDAY) a day when I never track. Go me and thank heavens for the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment