Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 17 -3.2 for a total of 30.6 :)



I don't know if I have actually written down what one of my big goals was for my weight loss, but I have reached that goal. I really wanted to lose 30 pounds before graduation or the end of the school year. I didn't think I would make it for another couple of weeks so when I actually weighed in today and I had lost three pounds for a total of thirty, I was very pleased.

For about a month, my church clothes have just not fit well. I have HATED it. I just do not like the skirts that do fit and am really sad when I put on the ones I like and they fall to the floor. It just isn't appropriate to wear your skirt around your ankles at church. Even though this is a frustrating situation, I am not complaining at all. Seriously, this is a great problem to have. Anyway, I wanted to buy a new dress for a friend's wedding that was last Friday, but the one I bought on Thursday just didn't work when I got it home. It was weird. So I had to wear an outfit that wasn't my favorite, but I survived. I went back to Penny's on Saturday and found the rockin' skirt you can see in the photo along with three shirts that go with it. To have the three outfits was only about 3 dollars more than the dress I had bought on Thursday. It was like Christmas. I hope people don't notice that I am wearing the same skirt over and over and over because it is just silly to buy new clothes that you know you will be too small for in a month or so. At least that is my philosophy when it comes to buying clothes right now. I don't want to buy a lot of clothes until I reach my goal weight.

Don't I look rockin' in those pics? I still look at myself in the mirror and often don't believe it is me. I see these pictures and I am just tickled pink to know that is me. No wonder I got a few compliments at church on Sunday. It felt way good. This journey is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. you look amazing! I love the skirt and I love the top. Woot woot! So now that you reached one goal what is your next weight loss goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Elizabeth-I think I must do a new blog entry with my next goals! :) Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete