Monday, July 16, 2012

Oh boy.

The past three weeks have been a roller coaster. Getting married is a whole new kind of adventure. Stress was a huge thing before and the celebrations seemed never ending after. Mix that all with vacationing in Wisconsin and it was a deadly combination for being off track with my eating.

I expected that though and to be completely honest, I let loose. I didn't keep track of what I was eating and I ate what I wanted. The seven pounds gained is the consequence to that choice. I fully take responsibility and can't complain about the extra work I now need to do in order to get to my new goal (and the money I will have to pay to Weight Watchers tomorrow night.).

Life is always going to happen and there are going to be many times when I let loose and have to refocus later. This is the journey that I always talk about. I will always have food issues and will always need to be conscious of them. I also feel that sometimes I will need to have some time where I am flexible and can celebrate and not keep track of food. The most important thing is that I come back on track. That is what it is all about. We all make mistakes and we all need to refocus sometimes. If we realize that and don't give up, we can and will be successful in our weight journey!

So, here is to flexibility and here is to refocusing. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment